All Aboard: Board Leadership in Motion is a three-hour workshop ideal for individuals who have a desire to serve on a not-for-profit board but want to learn more about what serving as a board member entails, and how to find the potential board opportunity that suits their interests and skill sets.
The next All Aboard session will be offered on Wednesday, March 29, 5 pm – 8 pm at the Innovation Connector. This session is a partnership with the Indiana Nonprofit Resource Network and United Way of Delaware County. Our presenter will be Dave Sternberg, Senior Partner of the Indianapolis and Ft. Launderdale based firm of Loring, Sternberg & Associates, provides fundraising and governance consulting services to nonprofits. He is a member of the faculty at The Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University’s Fund Raising School and a Governance Consultant for BoardSource. He is the only person in America to hold a position with both organizations.
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a not-for-profit board member
- How to determine board opportunities that match interests, skills, & desired level of commitment
- Guidance on how to be an effective board member
- Insight on how to find potential board member opportunities
- Descriptions of board member opportunities currently available in the area
Who Should Attend?
All Aboard is ideal for individuals who have a desire to serve on a not-for-profit board but want to learn more about what serving as a board member entails and how to find the potential board opportunity that suits their interests and skill sets.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, All Aboard is available for free.
Registration is now closed. Contact Mitch Isaacs with any questions.