All Aboard: Board Leadership in Motion is a three-hour workshop ideal for individuals who have a desire to serve on a not-for-profit board but want to learn more about what serving as a board member entails, and how to find the potential board opportunity that suits their interests and skill sets.
The next All Aboard session will be offered on Thursday, March 29, 5 pm – 8 pm at the Innovation Connector. This session is a partnership with the United Way of Delaware County. Our presenter will be Dave Sternberg, Senior Partner of the Indianapolis and Ft. Launderdale based firm of Loring, Sternberg & Associates, provides fundraising and governance consulting services to nonprofits. He is a member of the faculty at The Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University’s Fund Raising School and a Governance Consultant for BoardSource. He is the only person in America to hold a position with both organizations.
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a not-for-profit board member
- How to determine board opportunities that match interests, skills, & desired level of commitment
- Guidance on how to be an effective board member
- Insight on how to find potential board member opportunities
- Descriptions of board member opportunities currently available in the area
Who Should Attend?
All Aboard is ideal for individuals who have a desire to serve on a not-for-profit board but want to learn more about what serving as a board member entails and how to find the potential board opportunity that suits their interests and skill sets.
Thanks to our generous sponsors, All Aboard is available for free.