Meetings are an inescapable part of conducting business and impacting communities. Yet, despite their essential function, many meetings are poorly run and lead to no actionable result. Held at the Innovation Connector, this series will provide practical tools for mastering group meetings and “one on one” individual meetings.
“The Group Meeting”
Meetings can be a vehicle for change or a burial ground for new ideas. Join us to explore why meetings fail and to explore the fundamental elements of successful meetings. We will discuss how to set an agenda, how to keep people on topic (but still feel heard), how to prioritize items, and how to commit the group to action.
Monday, May 15th, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, The Innovation Connector
- Explore the different types of meetings
- Understand how to build an actionable agenda
- Learn what to do before the meeting begins
- Examine the different types of difficult people and how to handle them
- Discuss how to appropriately conclude a meeting
- Understand the steps to take after a meeting
Who Should Attend?
This session is ideal for any supervisor, team leader, or individual who facilitates regular meetings.
“The One on One”
Regular one on one meetings with team members provide rich opportunities to understanding that team member’s challenges and successes. When used effectively, the “one on one” facilitates opportunities for the supervisor and team members to review present priorities, discuss expectations, better understand each other, and ultimately build trust. This session will describe what a “one on one” is, explain why it is useful, and provide a method for effectively implementing it with your team.
Monday, May 22nd, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm, The Innovation Connector
- Understand the purpose of the “one on one”
- Discuss the timing of a one on one
- Learn how to prepare for a one on one
- Understand how learning styles influence the one on one
- Explore how one on ones build trust
- Review strategies for setting exceptions and instilling accountability
Who Should Attend?
This session is ideal for any supervisor, or individual, who is responsible for leading a team and is seeking a method that builds trust while fostering accountability.
Both sessions are 90 minutes long. Participants will be supplied a meal with their registration. Sessions will take place at the Innovation Connector, 1208 W White River Blvd, Muncie, IN.
$30 per session, or $50 for both.
1) Mastering The Group Meeting: May 15th, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
2) Master the One On One Meeting: May 22nd, 11:30 am – 1:00pm
40 people attended the Mastering Meetings program. Contact our Executive Director, Mitch Isaacs, to learn how to bring this program to your organization.