Works With: Program Director
Positions Available: 5 – 10
Term: 1 year, renewable
Working with the Program Director, the Shafer Leadership Academy Ambassadors for Recruitment will assist with recruiting potential new participants for programs and partner organizations for programs. Ambassadors are volunteers provided with specialized resources and training. This training includes information about body language, effective use of social media, and creating an elevator pitch.
Ambassadors can earn rewards through our innovative “incentive program” which allows volunteers to select the recruitment method which best matches their strengths. Ambassadors can earn points through social media, public speaking, organization visits, media contacts, and creative use of video.
- Assist SLA staff with recruiting program participants and partner organizations
- Attend the mandatory training provided by SLA staff (tentatively scheduled for late November / early December 2015)
- Achieve at least 1,500 “points” through the incentive system
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Ability to identify potential individuals / organizations for SLA partnership
- Experience with SLA programs
- Experience with social media (particularly LinkedIn and Facebook)
- High aptitude for problem solving and ability to work independently
- Must be able to take initiative and formulate a course of action to accomplish goals
- Must be adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and situations
- Must have a high level of ability to present in front of groups to promote the organization
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (Preferred)
- Sales experience
- Marketing experience with LinkedIn and Facebook
- Strong knowledge of Delaware County/ ECI corporations
- Strong knowledge of Delaware County/ ECI non-profits
- Strong knowledge of Delaware County/ ECI small businesses
This is a volunteer role however an incentive system is available.
We are accepting applications until October 30, 2015. Training will occur in late November / early December, with Ambassadors beginning in January 2016.