Leadership is not at all about personality; it’s about practice.
This program provides guidance for student leaders as they attempt to keep their own bearings and guide others toward peak achievements. We will explore the five practices common to personal-best leadership experiences.
Leaders who get extraordinary things done Model the Way, Inspire a Shared Vision, Challenge the Process, Enable Others to Act, and Encourage the Heart.
- Find your voice by clarifying personal values
- Set the example by aligning actions with shared values
- Envision the future by imagining exciting and ennobling possibilities
- Enlist others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations
- Search for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change & improve
- Experiment and take risks by generating small wins and learning from mistakes
- Foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust
- Strengthening others by sharing power and discretion
- Recognize contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence
- Celebrate the values and victories by creating a spirit of community
Model the Way, Tuesday, May 5th, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, via Zoom
Inspire a Shared Vision, Thursday, May 7th, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, via Zoom
Enable Others to Act, Monday, May 11th, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, via Zoom
Challenge the Process, Wednesday, May 13th, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, via Zoom
Encourage the Heart, Monday, May 18th, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM, via Zoom
All sessions will be conducted over Zoom, and recorded for future viewings.
A Zoom account is not required to participate.
The Student Leadership Challenge is available as a free service to Delaware County high schools during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Faculty and administrators can contact Mitch Isaacs, Executive Director for Shafer Leadership Academy, to enroll students.