NEXT LEVEL COLLABORATION
ADVANCED LEADERSHIP RETREAT is designed for individuals who have a passion for leading others with a focus on development of personal qualities, self-awareness and personal values. Together, we will explore the process of collaboration and interaction between a group and individuals, while focusing on change for the common good. Participants will learn in a cohort setting, creating actionable learning and developing lifelong colleagues. Leadership, whether in the corporate world, nonprofit setting or community environment, relies on strong facilitation skills. This intensive opportunity, in an interactive setting, will provide facilitation skills for leaders who need to move a group from thinking about a project to successful implementation. The agenda will also focus on building cross-departmental, cross-organizational collaboration.
Early bird pricing
until September 1st
and $1,200 afterwards.
The ADVANCED LEADERSHIP RETREAT is free to nonprofit 501 c(3) professionals and neighborhood association members. Unfortunately, scholarships have been claimed.
Program fees include:
- Transportation to and from the retreat site. Participants will be transported via a chartered bus leaving from The Innovation Connector.
- Overnight accommodations in the Hueston Woods Lodge and Conference Center. Every participant is provided their own room.
- All meals starting with dinner on October 17th and ending with lunch on October 19th
Don’t delay. Limited Seats Available!
HUESTON WOODS LODGE
AND CONFERENCE CENTER
The retreat will occur at the Hueston Woods Lodge and Conference Center, located outside of Oxford, Ohio, on the grounds of Hueston Woods State Park, which is about two hours from Muncie. Participants will stay in lodge rooms located at the center. The conference center provides professional meeting space for our group activities and recreational space for personal time.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
MARY JO CLARK & PAT HEINY
CONTEMPORARY CONSULTING, INC.
Mary Jo Clark and Pat Heiny help organizations, corporations, and communities develop effective 21st century leadership and visions. Whether making presentations for state or national meetings, facilitating visioning efforts, expediting community collaborations, or developing a performing team, Contemporary Consulting utilizes interactive, participatory, reflective training. Known as the leadership experts, Pat and Mary Jo offer training in servant leadership, customer service, collaboration, consensus, visioning, empowering others, creativity and creating a performing team.
Wednesday — October 17th
- 2:00pm: Depart the Innovation Connector via chartered bus
- 4:00 pm: Arrive at the Hueston Woods Lodge and Conference Center
- 6:00 pm: Dinner and Welcome
- 9:00 pm: Evening concludes
Thursday — October 18th
- 8:00 am: Breakfast
- 9:00 am: Program Time
- 12:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm: Program Time
- 4:00pm: Break
- 6:00pm: Dinner & Program Time
- 8:00pm: Evening concludes
Friday — October 19th
- 8:00 am: Breakfast
- 9:00 am: Program Time
- 12:00pm: Lunch & Program Time
- 1:00pm: Program Concludes
- 2:00pm: Depart
- 4:00pm: Arrive at the Innovation Connector
- Learn the “12 Habits of Highly Collaborative Organizations”
- Examine how to build a climate conducive to collaboration
- Discuss how to empower employees to collaborate
- Explore the “Collective Impact” model of collaboration
- Define leadership as a group process; relational
- Develop skills that encourage a group to transcend individual goals, interests and behaviors
- Understand that it is vital that group members explore differences in individual values, ideas, affiliations visions and identities
- Develop skills to work with shared aims and values
- Understand differences will exist in the group; the differences can be accepted and resolved through open and honest dialogue
- Learn skills to integrate conflict into common purpose
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The Community Foundation of Muncie and Delaware County has provided support for nonprofit professionals and neighborhood association members who wish to participate. In addition, we are targeting graduates of our signature leadership program, Emergence, to further develop leaders who are eager to improve the region. We have ten (10) scholarships available.
We encourage for profit organizations to identify teams to attend together.