Muncie INtern Collaborative is a 12-week program, running from early-June through early-August, is designed to help your summer interns fall in love with your company and the city of Muncie. Internships can be a powerful way to attract top talent and determine the right fits for your organization.
Any organization or company (nonprofit or for-profit) with one or more summer interns is invited to participate.
We partnered with Ball State University, Shafer Leadership Academy, Muncie-Delaware County Chamber of Commerce, and the Muncie-Delaware County Economic Development Alliance to provide professional development, social events, and volunteer opportunities to help summer interns connect with one another and learn more about our community. We do the planning; you reap the rewards!
- Invest in the “whole person” development of interns as potential future employees.
- Give interns the chance to experience Muncie as a vibrant place to live, work, and play.
- Connect interns with other young professional and aspirational leaders.
- Demonstrate your company’s commitment to the health and vitality of our local community.
Summer Activities to Include:
Professional Development Programs:
- Financial Budget for Young People
- LinkedIn and (virtual) Interviewing
- Job Searching in an Uncertain Economy
- Young Professional and Community Leader Panels
- Personal Branding with Melanie Howe
- Local Tech Scene with TechPoint
- The IMperfect Leader with Shafer Leadership Academy
- First Thursday June/July/August in DWNTWN Muncie
- Bob Ross Experience at Minnetrista
- Three Trails Concert Series at Canan Commons
- Muncie Juneteenth Celebration
- Volunteer at Habitat for Humanity
- Biking the Cardinal Greenway
Muncie INtern Collaborative Partners