Leaders are Inclusive: Fostering a Welcoming Workplace
2023wed19jul(jul 19)2:00 pmthu20(jul 20)3:30 pmLeaders are Inclusive: Fostering a Welcoming WorkplaceVirtual 2-Part Workshop2:00 pm - 3:30 pm (20) Event TagsCommunication,Diversity Equity and Inclusion,Organizational Culture,Self-Awareness,Team Building
Virtual 2-Part Series Session #1: Inclusivity and DEI 101 Wednesday, July 19 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM Session #2: Putting ideas into practice and creating action plans and strategy Thursday, July 20
Virtual 2-Part Series
Session #1: Inclusivity and DEI 101
Wednesday, July 19
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Session #2: Putting ideas into practice and creating action plans and strategy
Thursday, July 20
2:00 PM – 3:30 PM
Are you looking for more ideas on how to be a truly inclusive leader? This session will address best practices in fostering inclusive environments, both at a team and corporate level. There will be a focus on LGBTQ+ inclusivity, neurodivergence, and underrepresented ethnicities but this will encompass welcoming all types of diverse teammates you may have on your team. Help your team feel like they belong and can be themselves under your leadership.
- Reflect on your own identity and assumptions
- Identify 3 ways to welcome teammates who are different than you
- Learn about best practices in inclusivity, especially LGBTQ+, neurodivergent, and underrepresented ethnicities, including pronoun usage and accommodating gender transitions.
- Determine how to establish an Employee Resource Group and the benefits
- Identify points of entry to help people feel welcome, from onboarding, to communication channels, to team introductions and check-ins.
This program is ideal for: first time supervisors, early career professionals, and leaders at all stages.
Cost: Free for SLA Members. $250 non-member. $200 nonprofits.
Individuals who are either unemployed or connected with an employer who is unable to pay can request scholarships for any of our programs.
About Our Facilitator
Laura Holt is a queer career coach and leadership consultant who has led workshops and talks about DEI for the past 5 years. She has led multiple LGBTQ+ ERG groups and worked on HR teams for 4 years. She leads and teaches with empathy and vulnerability.
19 (Wednesday) 2:00 pm - 20 (Thursday) 3:30 pm