Staying Relevant as an Employer in 2022
IN-Person Lunch & Learn This session will cover a variety of contemporary trends employers should be watching for in the near future. These are trends that can help make their recruiting
IN-Person Lunch & Learn
This session will cover a variety of contemporary trends employers should be watching for in the near future. These are trends that can help make their recruiting and retention efforts more successful and keep employees engaged. Some of these trends include:
- Training managers and employees in non-technical skills (decision-making, goal-setting, communication, people skills)
- Creating more flexible work environments (remote and hybrid work)
- Understanding the newer generation of workers
- Fostering more employee engagement
- Prioritizing employee wellness and mental health
- Ditching the long performance appraisal process
- Bringing more diversity, equity and inclusion into the workplace
- Allowing employees to be “human” at work
- Giving employees opportunities to grow and develop
- Why you should create purposeful strategies for engagement and retention
- Why it is important to be aware of and care about employees’ needs
- Why you should want to develop your employees’ skills
This program is ideal for: Private businesses and nonprofits, business owners, upper and middle management
About Our Facilitator
Cindi Kiner is a business consultant with several years of experience in all areas of human resource management. Since forming The HR Connection in 2006, she has helped companies in various industries with strategic planning, talent management, employee and management training, policy development, and benefit plan analysis and administration. Additionally, she is an adjunct professor for Ball State University and Ivy Tech Community College.
As Director of Administration for a general contractor and commercial real estate development/property management company, Cindi performed all of the human resource functions for 200+ employees. Her previous corporate experience includes office management, network administration and insurance sales. Cindi’s varied responsibilities and background, from the front line to the board room, have given her the opportunity to see how businesses operate from the inside, and have helped to develop her overall business acumen.
Cindi received her Master of Business Administration from Indiana Wesleyan University. She currently serves as First Vice President to the Board of Directors for the New Castle-Henry County Chamber of Commerce. She and her husband are part of the ministry staff and serve in an educational capacity for their church in New Castle, Indiana.
(Thursday) 11:30 am - 1:00 pm