The Joy of Movement in Team Building
2022thu03nov8:00 amthu9:30 amThe Joy of Movement in Team Building8:00 am - 9:30 am
Virtual coffee talk Movement creates community and cultivates joy through something we do every day. This session will focus on taking care of ourselves through movement practices and how they can
Virtual coffee talk
Movement creates community and cultivates joy through something we do every day. This session will focus on taking care of ourselves through movement practices and how they can be utilized to foster more resilient teams. The session will include moments to discuss the act of “moving through,” how we can take a simple everyday activity to find more joy, and how the trauma-informed arts approach can transform our identities. Plan to leave energized! We will “move” together, so wearing your most comfortable clothing is suggested.
- Affirmation: “I can move and you can too!” This affirmation will be an echoed theme for our time together. “Affirmations fire up your neural pathways and make changes to those areas of the brain that makes you happy and positive. Various studies also confirm affirmations: decrease health-deteriorating stress, increase the amount of exercise people do, help you eat more fruit and vegetables, and achiever more academically.”
- Movement as medicine: Participants will be able to walk away with a natural form of medicine that can be healing to their holistic wellness.
- Joy as a disruptor: Finding joy through movement is easy. We tap into the endorphins and dopamine that are natural mood boosters and painkillers. At times, we just need a simple movement break.
- Movement As Organizer: Working with groups means organizing a variety of moving parts (no pun intended). Learning how to use movement to organize groups of people can be a useful technique to have in your tool belt.
- Authenticity shapes Identity: Getting to know people can be understood by a simple song they select or the way they decide to move. Are they open or closed? Reserved or shy? Movement tells a story to fill in spaces where words may be lacking.
This program is ideal for: anyone looking to focus on self-care.
About Our Facilitator
As a Creative Entrepreneur, Performance Artist, and resident instigator, sparker, innergizer of JOY, Sanovia’s goal is to transform the world from the inside out using a trauma-informed arts based practice. Sanovia is a Muncie Central class of 2010 graduate as well as a first generation college graduate of Ball State University’s 2014 Communication Studies (leadership minor) class. She graduated with her Masters in Urban Studies (Community Arts) from Eastern University in 2018 and is now pursing a full time life as a creative as well as working as an enrollment counselor for the same University.
Many of Sanovia’s activities are centered on arts ( e.g., movement therapy, creative coaching, music performances, poetry, and joy-based events).
Her first ep, ‘You Have Everything You Need’ (YHEYN) which released on January 26th, 2020 was mostly recorded in her bedroom. The phrase YHEYN has been the guiding light she has used to help inspire her creativity throughout the last three years.
Sanovia is currently living in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area
(Thursday) 8:00 am - 9:30 am