May 21, 2013, Muncie IN – The Shafer Leadership Academy (SLA), East Central Indiana’s Community Leadership Academy, is now taking applications for Ingenuity: Creativity & Innovation for Leaders. This one-day workshop provides 21st Century leaders with an understanding of how to facilitate and enhance creative thinking and innovation in the workplace to create effective organizational change.
Ingenuity is ideal for any individual who leads or is part of a group consistently tasked with generating creative solutions to complex challenges. By participating in this workshop, folks who aspire to leadership roles will learn and practice the facilitation techniques that free them to think beyond the usual, that encourage broad thinking, and that result in ownership and implementation of the strategies devised.
Participants in Ingenuity will take away:
- An understanding of the need for creative thinking in the modern workplace
- Ways to enhance trust among group members that frees them to think more creatively
- Specific facilitation processes that enhance innovative thinking among team members
- An understanding of how to help group members develop their own styles of problem solving
- Insights on how to creatively implement organizational change
Ingenuity will be held at the Innovation Connector located at 1208 W. White River Blvd. in Muncie, Indiana on Thursday June 13th, 2013(8:00 AM – 4:30 PM). This single session program is designed to teach and encourage practical application of the principles learned throughout the day. Standard tuition for program participants is $185.00 and discounts are offered for groups of three or more and for Emergence Alumni. The registration deadline for Ingenuity: Creativity & Innovation for Leaders is May 31st, 2013. Seating is limited to the first 30 participants.
To register for Ingenuity or to learn more about leadership programs through the Shafer Leadership Academy, visit www.shaferleadership.com or call 765-748-0403.